Essential Oils for Hair
The beauty of hair is an indicator of a girl’s health since ancient times. Many often think about effective healing at home. With the correct use of essential oils for hair, you can strengthen and renew their structure, escape from common problems and stimulate the growth of sleeping bulbs. Light esters can be used to massage the scalp or used with shampoos, conditioners, masks.
Types and properties
Knowing what features essential oils have in use for the benefit of hair, you will be able to choose what you need. With the help of chemists and cosmetologists, a basic table has been compiled with the effectiveness of all of them. Here are some details on how basic ethers work:
- Clove. Clove essential oil is applicable for the comprehensive care of hair and scalp. This is true after winter, when the body is weakened. After applying cloves, the growth of dormant bulbs improves. Moreover, it is able to normalize the sebaceous glands and relieve dandruff.
- Bergamot. It has antiseptic properties. Helps normalize greasiness. Eliminates fat content at the roots.
- Pine. Pine oil disinfects and prevents even active loss. Proper use of such an ether strengthens the structure and improves elasticity.
- Basil. Helps strengthen and nourish hair. Basil ether complements the oil of geranium, lemon balm, juniper, cypress, bergamot.
- Grapefruit. Grapefruit contains many vitamins and can enhance the protective properties of your body. When applied, it causes a slight discomfort - tingling. Grapefruit increases the overall tone, gives shine, reduces fat content.
- Nutmeg. Strengthens hair from the very roots, solves the problem of hair loss. The smell of a nutmeg is specific, but it quickly disappears. It is combined with lime oil, patchouli, cinnamon, etc.
- Ginger. After applying masks with this ingredient, the strands become fresher and cleaner. Therefore, it is recommended for oily hair. Ginger has warming properties and stimulates growth.
- Neroli. Revives natural elasticity. Neroli is recommended for damaged bulbs, because it gives a wonderful nutritional effect. It is combined with oil of myrtle, pine, rosemary, lime.
- Ylang Ylang. Helps restore health to damaged and weak locks. When applied, a tingling sensation is possible. In combination with lemon oil, it is able to smooth out curls and give them shine. It is combined with oil of lemongrass, citronella, rosewood, lavender.
- Sandalwood. Sandalwood restores curls to a healthy look. Effectively works in the fight against itching and dandruff.
- Sage. The application is effective in combating loss, because it strengthens the bulbs. In addition, sage nourishes the onion, restores elasticity and a healthy glow. It is combined with anise, incense, laurel oil. The combination with palmarosa oil is important for increased grease.
- the Rose. In various cosmetics, this ingredient works to restore a healthy appearance, protects against bacteria and stabilizes pigmentation. Rose oil on a comb will help maintain health and color. Combined with oil of orchids, kayaput, bergamot, patchouli.
- Rosemary. It is considered one of the most valuable to the health of your hair. This component is able to stimulate dormant bulbs, open pores on the scalp. Thus, growth is accelerated and the problem of loss is solved. It goes well with spruce oil, various citrus fruits, and fir.
- Vanilla. Vanilla gives the strands softness and smoothness. Such a tool is able to moisturize and restore hair and its bulb. Vanilla oil quickly gives the result.
- Lavender. Used to nourish the hair follicle. Due to this, the hair does not fall out, grow more actively. Lavender is recommended for those who are prone to baldness.
- Yarrow. Nourishes the scalp and dormant bulbs. Thanks to this, the problem of falling out is solved. The structure becomes more elastic, a healthy shine returns.
How to apply
Essential oils are beneficial only with proper use. Learn to mix the ingredients correctly and you will easily achieve your desired goal. In their pure form, they are practically not used. A rare exception may be a head massage.
There are 3 main ways to use this hair product:
- Adding to cosmetics.
- Adding to homemade masks.
- Drawing on a hairbrush.
Combing with the addition of certain oils not only gives energy, but also adds a pleasant aromatic notes. Remember that most of them are absorbed into the scalp and so affect the bulb. Less common are examples where a mask is able to penetrate the texture itself along its entire length. For masks, base oils and additional (essential) oils are used.
Many of these funds will have a beneficial effect on the skin of the face.
Using masks too often will affect your hair badly. For prevention, do them once a week, and for treatment 2-3 times a week. Usually the effect appears after 3-4 weeks. The duration of one procedure is from 40 minutes. To remove, apply shampoo from root to tip and rinse with oil. Most likely, a second rinse is also required.
A common problem with dyed hair is dryness.
To moisturize and restore the health of dry scalp, the following basic components should be used: pumpkin, sesame oil, avocado and sea buckthorn oil, and corn. Additional moisturizing and nourishing components:
- Lavender It is able to restore the natural look of your hair and give a pleasant smell.
- Ylang ylang strengthens the structure from root to tip.
- Jasmine soothes dry skin.
- Geranium renews cells, stabilizes the secretion of sebaceous glands.
- Neroli strengthens and restores hair elasticity.
- Juniper soothes irritated scalp and stimulates the growth of sleeping bulbs.
Fat greasy strands cause embarrassment and inconvenience in many representatives of the fair sex.
To correct and correct this problem, the following base oils are used: almonds, pumpkin, calendula. But what are the essentials to add:
- Grapefruit normalizes secretion.
- Ylagn-Ylang reduce oily skin.
- Juniper should be combined with rosemary and sage, they will make the hair less dirty.
- Cedar will help you with abundant greasing of strands and roots.
- Melissa will have a beneficial effect on the overall tone, normalizes the release of fat from the sebaceous glands and prevent the sticking of strands.
- Patchouli will provide the necessary resources for nutrition and care for oily roots.
- Geranium stabilizes the secretion of sebaceous glands and prevents increased fat content.
Dandruff can help tea tree oil, lavender, citrus. Owners of thin and curly curls face the problem of ingrown hairs. In this case, 5 drops of tea tree with 2 tablespoons will help you. distilled water or 1 tbsp. olive oil. Any citrus esters will help fight against fragility.
Lavender and frankincense oils are suitable for fine hairs. They nourish and strengthen them throughout their length.
For brittle locks, special reinforcing components should be used, this is also true when dealing with the cross section of the tips.
Thyme Oil restores a healthy look, promotes the return of volume, obedience and smoothness. For damaged ends, oils such as ylang-ylang, sandalwood, mandarin, geranium. Pink tree relevant for the overall restoration of beauty.
Owners of dark strands should pay attention to coconut oil, nettle, carrot.
Such tools will help make the color deeper and more saturated. Castor oil is perfect for nourishing gray hair. Its structure is more viscous than that of others. Therefore, it envelops the hair along the entire length and is better absorbed through the scales. In addition, sage, lemon, rosemary and sesame seeds help with gray hair. They hold the natural pigment in the structure of the hair.
See more about the benefits of using essential oils for hair in the next video.
Homemade recipes with essential oils are very effective. For the normal type, try to prepare a mask according to this recipe:
- Take 15 ml of the main burdock or olive oil.
- Intervene 2 drops of clary sage and jasmine.
- Mix well necessary components and apply on dry locks from roots to tips. Hold the mask for 2-3 hours, then rinse thoroughly.
- Do mask every 3-5 days. After 3-4 applications, your hair will shine.
Follow the instructions in order to get rid of oily sheen and stabilize the functionality of the sebaceous glands:
- 15 ml jojoba as a base.
- Stir in 2 drops of bergamot and rosemary.
- Use the mixture once every 3-5 days. After several applications, the result will be noticeable.
For the dry type, use 50 ml of olive oil and 12 drops of lavender. Use the mask as well as the previous ones. If your tips are not only dry, but also excessively split, then try this recipe:
- Mix 20 ml of olive oil with 4 ml of oily vitamin E.
- Stir in 2 drops of chamomile, lavender, rosemary and geranium.
At home, you can cook not only masks, but also special tonics.
Their advantage is that they do not require rinsing. Tonics should be sprayed on wet strands after washing. As the basis using ordinary chilled water. More favorable is the use of melt water. The ingredients of the tonic depend on the type of your hair:
- Dry type owners 12 ml of rosemary should be added.
- Fat locks they will become more obedient and will please their owner after applying 50 ml of apple cider vinegar, as much green tea and 10 drops of lavender with sage.
- Brunettes with a normal type 15 drops of rosemary should be added to the water. Blondes and brown-haired women should use peppermint and chamomile in the same amount.
Shampoo made at home will be more beneficial than purchased. As a basis, you should use liquid soap without any additives. It will take about 200 ml. Next, add half a glass of water, 7 ml of jojoba. The final touch - add 20 drops of the ingredient that is right for your type or struggling with your problem.
Just like that, you will get an effective remedy for healing your hair.
Balm can also be prepared independently. In order for it to give the maximum result, you need to select a recipe for the type of hair. Girls with curly curls know that such hair is often dry and porous. To keep the locks in good shape, use a balm from 1 cup yogurt, 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar and 5-7 drops of orange oil.
For dyed hair, you need intensive hydration and nutrition.
The balm prepared according to this recipe will cope with this task:
- 1 cup yogurt mixed with 3 tbsp. coconut or castor oil.
- Add 7-10 drops of patchouli or lavender.
Using such recipes, even very damaged and thinned locks can be healed. The main rule is not to make masks too often, then the result will not follow.
And now the video is a recipe for a mask against dry hair, using essential oil.
Review of the best
Now it’s worthwhile to find out exactly which esters have a beneficial effect on the bulbs and hair structure.
Common and effective is considered squeeze ylang ylang. Its unique properties are suitable for all types of hair and will help in solving many pathologies. Ylang-ylang oil well stimulates the growth of sleeping bulbs. It can be used both as a component for masks, and as an independent tool for massage. It has disinfecting properties, improves blood circulation, relevant for the treatment of split ends.
Moreover, a pleasant smell remains on the hair even after rinsing.
For more on the health benefits of ylang-ylang hair oil, see the next video.
Tea tree oil also enjoys well-deserved popularity. The use of this drug in the fight against excessive salinity and dandruff is especially important. The latter is due to natural bactericidal properties. Provides similar opportunities and chamomile.
Regular use of this product can add a special silky shine to light-colored hair.
For more on the health benefits of tea tree oil for hair, see the next video.
Cinnamon oil copes with hair nutrition, it activates the bulbs and arouses the growth of new hairs. The systematic use of masks with such an ingredient can make your hairstyle more voluminous. The complex effect is able to provide oil carnations. It copes with the negative effects of winter frosts.
It is worth noting that a competent combination of oils enhances the effect.
Beauticians actively use various types of essential oils for massage and to enhance the effect of cosmetics. Experts emphasize that it is important to choose the right oil based on the characteristics and needs of your hair and skin. The systematic use of essential oils is aimed at restoring shine, smoothness, and obedience. Beauticians assure that nutrition of roots with oils during stressful periods (winter, summer) is useful for maintaining their health.