Mayonnaise Hair Masks
Beautiful magnificent hair is not only a natural gift, but also the result of proper comprehensive care for them. One of its stages is the use of various masks for curls. They can be purchased or prepared on their own. But not everyone knows that hair masks from mayonnaise are able to completely transform the locks beyond recognition for the better.
The benefits of mayonnaise cosmetics
To many who have heard for the first time about the use of mayonnaise as a hair care product, this seems strange. But if you look, this product consists of components such as mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and egg yolk, and it is these components that most often act as the main composition of many masks for curls. In mayonnaise, they are combined together, so it is not surprising that mayonnaise cosmetics are actively used in such cases as:
- Restoring damaged, dry, brittle and dull hair. Regular use of masks based on this product allows you to nourish damaged strands with necessary substances and microelements, give them shine and radiance, strengthen hair follicles and accelerate hair growth. In addition, mayonnaise cosmetics prevent split ends and prevent them from appearing again.
- Mayonnaise can perfectly replace an expensive tool designed to wash paint from curls. All that is needed is to mix this product with special extraordinary oil and use the mixture daily for 10 days. During this time, the strands can be lightened without harm to them by 4-7 shades. Such a tool can be used both in cases of unsuccessful hair coloring, and in cases when it is necessary to perform the most gentle clarification of curls.
- Lamination of strands is, of course, a very useful procedure for them, but also expensive. But, again, mayonnaise mask will help to significantly save on its implementation. With its regular use, you can achieve the effect of easy lamination of curls. And if such a procedure was performed earlier in the salon, then using mayonnaise for hair care, you can significantly extend the effect of lamination on the hair. The lamination mix includes an egg, castor oil and mayonnaise.
Until recently, mayonnaise cosmetics could only be prepared at home: based on an acquired store product or made at home. Today, some manufacturers are selling special lines of mayonnaise-based products.
Giving preference to ready-made mayonnaise products, it is worth remembering that preservatives will necessarily be present in its composition, therefore it is better to give preference to those products whose composition is as natural as possible and does not contain a large amount of chemical additives such as parabens, preservatives and acids.
Despite the apparent effectiveness of using mayonnaise sauce as a hair care product, few manufacturers have decided to release products based on it. The most effective, beneficial and natural are the following two remedies:
- Fresh Line mayonnaise mask is a completely natural, safe and effective cosmetic product. It has a thick and oily consistency, easily distributed by curls. Rinse it off with plenty of warm water using shampoo. The result of using such a mask will be healthy, voluminous, smooth and shiny hair. This product contains only natural ingredients such as milk, mustard, egg yolks, vitamins and lecithin.
- No less effective is the mask "Mayonnaise" from Tasha & Co. The composition is slightly different from the previous tool, it contains honey, cognac, mustard, vinegar and olive oil. And if the mask of the first manufacturer did not stimulate hair growth, then this also performs this function. Curls begin to grow faster, they become more shiny, docile and silky, and hair loss stops.
Giving preference to these cosmetic products, it is worthwhile to understand that they must be stored correctly, otherwise all the benefits of natural components will simply disappear.
Mayonnaise cosmetics, as well as the product itself, which is included in its base, must be stored in a cool place and in airtight containers. It is best to store the mask in a refrigerator. And before use, remove the required amount from the jar and slightly warm in a water bath. So you can not only fully preserve all the benefits of this tool, but also not be afraid that harmful fungi or mold will get into it. Excessive dampness, as well as high temperature, negatively affect the ingredients that make up such a mask.
Making a product at home
But no matter how effective and natural store-bought products are, still only the mask that was made on the basis of homemade mayonnaise can bring maximum benefit.
Preparing such a sauce yourself is not so difficult, in addition, there are several simple and affordable recipes. It takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare it.
With self-preparation, it is necessary to ensure that all products are at room temperature, especially for egg yolks. Oil can be used both vegetable and olive, flaxseed is also perfect. If finances allow, then you can use coconut oil, jojoba or shea. In this case, you can use either one species or combining several at once.
There are three basic recipes for mayonnaise sauce, which is best suited for making hair masks.
- One yolk of a chicken egg is mixed with a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt, the mixture is thoroughly mixed and about 40 g of oil is added to it with a teaspoon, while all components must be whipped constantly. When the mass begins to thicken very much, add a teaspoon of mustard powder and a dessert spoon of lemon juice to it. After thoroughly mixed again. It is permissible to exchange a chicken egg for quail eggs in a ratio of 1: 2.
- Kefir mayonnaise sauce is ideal for making masks designed for very damaged, split and dull hair. To prepare it, you need to mix egg yolk, a pinch of mustard powder, 100 ml of kefir, 50 ml of any oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar. Such mayonnaise has a less aggressive composition and is suitable even for those women who have very dry and sensitive scalp.
- The simplest mayonnaise is made from half a glass of butter, two yolks of quail eggs and a dessert spoon of apple or wine vinegar. All components are mixed and whipped for 5-8 minutes.
Such homemade mayonnaise, prepared by any of the above methods, can be used as an independent hair mask, but you can also enhance its effect with the help of some additives.
A huge number of options for making mayonnaise masks for hair. The most effective and simple to execute are the following recipes:
- The combination of mayonnaise with a banana. These two products are mixed until a smoothie is obtained. For one fruit weighing about 200 g, 1 tablespoon of sauce is required. But such a mask is not applied to the hair roots and it suits more very dry, damaged hair.
- In order not only to give the strands a silky, radiant and healthy appearance, but also to enhance their growth, a mask of mayonnaise with avocado is used. Three spoons of sauce and one spoon of juice of this fruit or puree from it are mixed. Such a mask in large quantities is applied specifically to the hair roots and scalp, and its residues are distributed along the entire length.
- To brighten the hair and strengthen it, a mixture of honey and mayonnaise, taken in equal proportions, is used. The mask is applied over the entire length of the curls evenly.
- Sour cream and homemade mayonnaise complement each other perfectly and a mask made on the basis of these products suits all types of curls. For its preparation, these two ingredients are mixed in proportions of 1: 3 and applied evenly to the scalp and the entire length of the strands.
After its application, even very damaged hair quickly recovers, stop tangling and begin to shine and grow better.
- A mask made from an equal amount of onion or garlic gruel and mayonnaise sauce will help to activate hair growth and stop hair loss. So that the strands after its use did not have a specific smell, they must be rinsed with water with the addition of a small amount of vinegar or lavender essential oil.
But it’s not enough to choose the most suitable mask recipe, you must also take into account some of the nuances of the procedure, the only way to achieve the desired result without disappointment.
For more recipes for mayonnaise hair masks, see the next video.
How to use
Having decided to start using mayonnaise masks to nourish your curls, it is worth considering that a full course is necessary. It lasts two months with the frequency of using masks once or twice a week.
All types of this mixture are applied only to dry curls, which are not necessary to be pre-cleaned. If the hair is dry, then the mixture is applied to its entire length, the hair roots and scalp, if the curls are oily, the mask is applied to the middle of their length and to the ends. But this rule does not apply to masks that stimulate hair growth, they are applied mainly to the roots and scalp.
You should remember about the dosed use of this cosmetic product. For curls of medium length 3-4 tablespoons of mask are enough. A larger amount can lead to heavier strands and the effect of their greasy.
After applying the mask, the head must be insulated with a plastic cap and a warm terry towel on top. Keep the mask on your hair for about 35 minutes. If there is no discomfort during the procedure, then the duration of exposure to the mask can be increased to one hour, but no more.
An exception is a mask consisting of one mayonnaise without any additives, it can be left on the hair for the night.
Rinse off the rest of the mixture very carefully, be sure to use shampoo. You should not apply any balm or conditioner, mayonnaise softens the curls and makes them obedient. It is best to rinse your hair with acidified vinegar or lime juice. Instead, you can use lavender essential oil - 3 drops per liter of water. This will give the hair an extra shine and save them from the specific aroma of mayonnaise.
By and large, all reviews about the use of masks based on mayonnaise are positive. Women note an improvement in the appearance of curls, an increase in their shine, and the elimination of excessive dryness and brittleness. According to them, the strands become more voluminous and obedient, the hair stops falling out, and in general the hair looks much better.
Negative reviews are also found, but extremely rare, and they are associated mainly with improper use of this tool and non-compliance with recommendations for its use. Those who applied the mixture to the roots of oily hair say that the locks began to oily even more. But after the proper use of this tool began, all problems were resolved.
Therefore, we can safely say that the mask of hair mayonnaise is a very simple, multi-functional and effective hair care product.