Flax Seed Face Mask
Clean, well-groomed facial skin has always attracted attention, and every girl strives to achieve her healthy and flowering state. In addition to expensive cosmetic procedures, which are an extreme option for restoration and skin rejuvenation, the so-called "grandmother's recipes" are used - masks made from natural plant components that have a beneficial effect on the skin and contribute to its restoration. One of such indispensable products of a first-aid kit is flaxseed, the positive effect of which is confirmed by many women who have tried it, as well as qualified cosmetologists.
Flaxseed contains a large complex of biochemical substances that are beneficial for the skin and actively affect the recovery process. So, in flax seed contains:
- Three of the five polyunsaturated fatty acids necessary for the body are substances that are not synthesized in the human body and that enter it only with food. They contribute to the production of collagen - a protein that is the basis of the connective tissues of the body (which includes the dermis - the connective part of the skin, which is directly connected both with the outer, visible layer and with nearby organs) and provides them with strength and elasticity. Thus, the number of wrinkles is reduced, the water-fat balance is normalized and the influence of the harmful effects of UV rays is reduced.
- Lignans that have antioxidant properties - preserving the integrity of cells, increasing the body's resistance to infections. Such properties contribute to protection against adverse environmental effects, aging of tissues.
- The multivitamin complex also helps to accelerate the processes of regeneration of the skin and to stop the process of withering of the skin.
- A lot of macro- and microelements that have a noticeable anti-inflammatory effect - the skin is healed from acne.
- Phylloquinone, also known as vitamin K, helps even out facial tone and remove age spots.
- Niacin, or vitamin B3 or PP, restores the tone of the skin.
- Choline (Vitamin B4) soothes sensitive skin.
Based on the composition of flax seed and the properties of its constituent components, the following beneficial effect on the skin with the help of masks from it is distinguished:
- Skin cleansing - removal of the keratinized upper layer, getting rid of acne, narrowing pores, eliminating oily sheen.
- Anti-aging effect - elimination of fine wrinkles and reduction of deep ones.
- Recovery - getting rid of age spots and acquiring an even complexion, returning smoothness and elasticity.
All this makes flaxseed an indispensable tool in the treatment, rejuvenation and restoration of the skin. It is suitable for use regardless of age, hypoallergenic, which will be appreciated by girls who are sensitive to many components of both effective chemicals and other natural products.
In the process of preparation, this substance can be used in various forms - it can be masks with seeds made from flax flour (for this it is enough to grind the seeds) or in the form of oil - most of the useful substances are stored in it. But it is better to use whole seeds that have not been subjected to heat or other types of processing - they retained the maximum number of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. They are sold at any pharmacy. It is better to grind the seeds at home using a coffee grinder, as in stores they sell flour not from seeds, but from cake from seeds, in which there is practically nothing useful.
Knowing the beneficial effect of the substances that make up the flax seed on the condition of the skin, you can begin to carry out a series of wellness procedures at home. Before starting use, remember that:
- The effect of any remedy cannot occur instantly (only in rare cases) - visible changes in the skin condition will be noticeable through a course of 15 daily procedures.
- The maximum effect is given only by a freshly prepared mask - do not leave the leftovers from the previous procedure for tomorrow. If after applying to the face there is still a certain amount of the product, you can apply it on the skin of the neck, décolleté, hands.
- Having prepared such a mask for the first time, it should be applied to the wrist area for 15 minutes to check whether there will be irritation on the skin. If it is not, the mask can be safely applied to the face.
Also important is the fact that for different types of facial skin (combination, dry, oily), different types of masks (with different additional components) are suitable. The mask is selected for a specific skin type, so if positive changes do not occur, you should consider whether it is correctly identified.
For dry skin
Dry skin is the most delicate type of all, you need to take care of it all year round - constantly moisturize in the summer and nourish in the winter, so linen masks are ideal for it. The following methods will be especially effective:
- 2 tsp seeds, pour 1/2 cup of hot water, put in a boil and boil over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Then leave to cool, strain. Apply the resulting mask to the face for 20-40 minutes, then rinse with plenty of warm water. For an additional nutritional effect after straining, you can add one tablespoon of pre-softened butter in advance, and thick cream based on milk is also suitable.
- Mask with the addition of vegetable oils. To prepare it, you need to fill the ground seeds with unrefined vegetable oil (or any other) oil in a ratio of 1: 2 (for example, 2 tbsp. L. Ground seeds are poured 4 tbsp. L. Selected oil). The resulting mixture is left to infuse in a bowl that does not allow sunlight in a cool dark place for 10 days, then transferred to the refrigerator. It is used as a regular face mask - the amount necessary for a single procedure is slightly warmed up, then applied for 25-40 minutes and washed off with warm water.
- Masks based on red cosmetic clay (or pink) have a positive effect on dry skin. Before using it, if the skin is very dry, apply a cream in advance so as not to dry the skin even more. The recipe is: pour 2 cl. l flax seeds 1 a glass of water, boil and boil over low heat for 15 minutes. Leave to cool, mix dry clay until it is completely dissolved. Put the resulting composition on the face for 20 minutes, then rinse the face with warm water.
- To wipe the skin, a special flax-based lotion is prepared. To make it, you need 1 tbsp. l crushed seeds pour 1/2 cup boiling water and leave to infuse for 12 hours. Then the mixture is filtered and a couple drops of orange and chamomile essential oils are added to the finished infusion. The shelf life of such a product is seven days, provided that it is stored in the refrigerator.
- Beat the infusion of 30 ml of seeds in a blender with the yolk of one egg and a banana. Apply the resulting mask to the face for at least 40 minutes, then cleanse the skin of the unabsorbed mask with a moist cotton pad. This procedure will help eliminate peeling, nourishes the skin with beneficial substances.
For oily skin
When using linseed masks for oily skin, you need to be very careful not to make the skin even more unhealthy. Essential oils and clay are best for oily skin. The following recipes will help restore normal secretion of the sebaceous glands:
- Mix 1 tsp. flax seeds and oatmeal, grind in a coffee grinder. Pour a little milk (until creamy) and leave for half an hour to insist. Put the resulting mixture on problem areas of the face for 20 minutes, then rinse your face with warm water. It helps to cope with foci of inflammation, but if there are a lot of rashes and black spots, it can not be used.
- Another cooking option without adding milk. Mix 1 tsp. oatmeal and 2 tsp. ground flax seed. Pour the mixture with clean water until a creamy consistency forms, boil and then leave for half an hour. Apply mask for 15 minutes and rinse.
- A mask with flax seeds and dry oatmeal is also used as a face scrub that can cleanse pores of impurities and reduce acne. To do this, you need to take an equal amount (1 tbsp. L.) Ground seeds and unmilled oatmeal, pour them with hot milk and leave for 15 minutes, then mix thoroughly. Apply a part to the face, thoroughly rubbing it for a minute, then apply the second part and still peeling. Rinse thoroughly with water. Peeling as a method of deep cleansing the face is recommended to be applied at most once a week, so as not to damage the skin and not bring infection to the damaged area.
- 1 tbsp. l crushed seeds mixed with 1 tbsp. L. Oatmeal flour and add yogurt (the mixture should be thick). The resulting mask helps to cope with oily sheen and excessive pigmentation.
- The recipe for acne. Grind one tablet of aspirin and activated carbon and mix with 40 ml of cooked warm infusion from seeds. Apply to pre-washed skin for 7-10 minutes, wash.
With age, the skin needs a deeper effect and more thorough care, therefore, in masks made of flax instead of water, a decoction of herbs can be used - for example, flowers of marigolds, chamomile, sage or mint. If the seeds need to be cooked, then some dry herbs are added during the cooking process.
- One of the best recipes for toning the skin is with the addition of yellow clay (red is also suitable). For its preparation, you need to pour a small amount of boiling water 1 tbsp. lnelnoy flour, let it brew for 15-20 minutes and add 1 tsp. clay powder. Thoroughly mix all the components so that the clay dissolves and apply on the face for 15-20 minutes, then thoroughly rinse the skin with plenty of warm water. This mask will help remove dirt from the skin, smooth out small wrinkles and even out the contour of the face.
- Pour flaxseeds ground in a coffee grinder with a hot decoction of herbs in a ratio of 1: 2 (dessert spoons, the optimal amount is 5 tablespoons of flour and 10 decoction), mix and leave for half an hour. Pour into the finished mask 2 tsp. Argan oil, mix and immediately apply to the face. Leave for half an hour, then rinse your face with warm water. This mask copes with wrinkles.
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour 2 tbsp. l with a slide of chamomile flowers, leave to cool. After cooling to room temperature add 1 tbsp. l flax seed and infuse for about an hour. Apply on face and neck for 20 minutes, rinse face with warm water. If desired, wipe the face with a cotton pad with boric acid after the mask. This nourishing mask also helps smooth wrinkles.
- Mask with lifting effect: 1 tsp. flax seeds pour 1/3 cup boiling water (everything needs to be done in a sealed container, for example, a small jar), shake well for several minutes and leave for several hours (the most convenient way is to cook in the morning and use in the evening). Apply the resulting mixture into thin layers with a cotton pad in thin layers (apply five layers, minimize facial muscle movements during the entire procedure). After the last layer has dried, rinse thoroughly with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
- Effective mask to restore skin and smooth deep wrinkles. Warm flaxseed decoction (30 ml) mixed with 15 grams of corn starch and 12 drops of pyridoxine. Apply to the skin of the face and neck for half an hour, then rinse the skin with warm water. The course is daily for three weeks.
- 30 g of warm (about 60 degrees) infusion of flaxseed mix with 10 g of gelatin. Mix well until smooth and creamy, then add 25 drops of olive oil. Apply to the face without affecting the eyebrows and hairline, leave for half an hour, then carefully remove the frozen film.
- Mix 10 ml of infusion from seeds with 5 g of shea butter and beat everything with a whisk until smooth. Apply to the skin around the eyes for forty minutes, then peel off any unabsorbed residues with a moist cotton pad. This procedure will relieve puffiness, smooth out facial wrinkles, moisturize the skin and strengthen capillaries.
- With swelling of the face: 4 tbsp. l mix ready broth with 2 tbsp. l cocoa and 1 tsp. liquid honey. Apply in thin layers after the previous one dries (three layers are enough). Leave on for 45 minutes, then gently rinse skin with water.
- In addition to masks, ice cubes for wiping the skin, consisting of flax and chamomile, are very effective. To prepare them, you need to prepare 50 ml of chamomile broth, strain immediately and add flaxseeds (steam). After half an hour, strain, pour into molds and put in the refrigerator. Draw a cube with light movements along the massage lines of the face. The course should be continued for eight days and held two to four times a year.
Flax seeds have taken a strong position in the market of cosmetic products - concentrate, oil or flour are added to various face and body skin and hair care products. In cosmetology, it is used as an effective tool in the fight against pigmentation, premature aging, fuzzy oval of the face and wrinkles. Using it at home in the form of a mask suitable for a particular skin type and problem, girls and women wrote many positive reviews and strongly recommend that everyone who heard about it but does not dare to use this product.
The first thing that girls note is a positive effect after the first application. The complexion becomes smoother, the skin becomes softer, part of the black dots disappear. After a full course, a positive effect is almost always observed, but to a greater or lesser extent, it depends both on the initial state of the body and the severity of the problem, as well as on age, regularity of procedures and other factors.
In addition to using flaxseed masks, girls, especially those with very dry skin, took one tablespoon of seeds per day along with food - salad, yogurt, made bread and cookies from it. Ingestion contributes to better absorption of nutrients and the effect of externally enhanced use. Much has also been said about the use of liquid from cooking flaxseeds for treating the stomach (in particular, gastritis), which also has an effect on improving the condition of the skin - after all, most skin diseases begin inside the body, and rashes on the face or dryness are their consequence.
Linen masks are one of the best remedies for combination skin. Girls are often upset, because for this type of skin it is very difficult to choose the right remedy. It helps to cope with fat content, but overdries dry areas or moisturizes part of the skin, and the other becomes even more greasy. Many have also solved this problem for themselves by using a mask of flaxseed or flour - it helps to comprehensively affect this type of skin - reduces enlarged pores and at the same time eliminates peeling. The bonus will be a smooth and fresh complexion.
Many women have seen from their own experience that such a lifting mask using flaxseeds is an effective tool to improve the contours of the face contour, reduce even deep wrinkles, and eliminate age spots. It is important that it is safe to use on the skin around the eyes and has a positive effect on it, which helps to cope with facial wrinkles in this area.
This product is indispensable for girls who are allergic to many chemical cosmetic products and even natural products, since it is often very difficult for them to choose a mild facial product - flaxseed helps a lot.
Price is a factor that many girls also noted in their reviews. Flax seeds cost up to one hundred rubles, one package lasts for a long time, so it is a much more profitable option when compared with the purchase of branded skin care products.
Considering the experience of many girls and women, we can conclude that the use of such a mask will not harm the skin, but rather will help to solve a whole range of problems, supplying it with vitamins and minerals.
In this video you will find a recipe for a homemade mask of flax seeds.